Friday, May 20, 2011

Hello world.

I am an artist that works with Ceramics, Metal and Glass. In fact with anything that involves flame or hitting things with a hammer.

"my work takes inspiration from the beauty of the imperfect, the imperminent and the incomplete. A memory fragment of a dream that never once was. The serene melancoly and understated elegance of a well worn surface, the beautiful fragility of a rusty object.

An act of beautiful redemption not a restoring of anything that once was here, but taking the inspiration of a broken past and using it to make something beautiful and new."



This Wabi Sabi aesthetic influences the steampunk jewellery I make and the ceramic sculpture I fire. Every piece has a story and a past. Every piece is unique and there will never be another like it in the world.

I hope you enjoy this blog and come back to read more. I shall post about work that I have made, what projects I am currently involved in and any interesting pieces art I come across.

Also check out my website www.adotmuse.co.uk
my Facebook page A.MUse Emporium of Loveliness
and my Etsy shop amuseceramics    http://www.etsy.com/shop/amuseceramics

No comments:

Post a Comment