Monday, June 13, 2011

My new studio

I am very excited I have just moved into my new studio. A car load of clay, assorted tools, buckets, glazes and a big box of found rusty metal lumps have all been pushed up a very long ramp, into an elevator, down a coridor, into my studio and unpacked.
Tomorrow is another car load of clay, assorted plaster molds and a table. The studio already has a wheel and kiln in it, so give me a couple o days and I will be ready to rock and roll.
Do you want to see some pictures?

lots of random glazes

THE kiln- where the magic happens

got to be precise dont ya know

aaahhhhh aaahhhh holy rays of inspiration

After shooting these pics I got ambitious and decided to try and shoot a video ....


The building my studio is in is an intresting industrial factory that has been converted into studios/offices for creatives. I of course being a ceramicist am in the basement. (why is it always the basement ... am I a troglodyte) I was inspired to take some pics of the building and they came out kinda cool. wanna see ...



this pic was heavily influenced by Ray Currier's photography 
www.raysoctopus.com (Ray Curriers website)




mmmmmm crusty paint. I love the texture and am working out how to replicate this in ceramics. I think I have just about cracked it to ....


this is just possable my favouite pic I took today. Totaly untouched, just as my phone camera took it.
You know that pretty soon I will be giving y'all a running commentary of my work and what is happening in THE STUDIO. I hope you are all as excited as me.
Till next time

A.MUse

No comments:

Post a Comment